Select Your School Below.
Race Adventures is a cutting-edge after school program that teaches students all about cars. Students learn to build a Mini 4WD vehicle, then put their creation to the test, making modifications along the way! It’s a fun, engaging experience with other students who have a passion for art, science and engineering.
Tamiya Mini 4WD kits were introduced in 1982. They are inexpensive, snap-together 1/32 scale model cars that appeal to children 1st grade and up. Car kits are easy to assemble, objects of pride and accomplishment for children and their parents. By assembling their own cars, modifying and racing them, students gain a sense of competitiveness and creativity, lacking in many contemporary pastimes.
Our interactive, 1.5 hour after-school program takes students through an 8-10 week season that starts with the initial build of their battery-powered model car. Students then get to race other students on a HUGE track each week, making small adjustments and modifications to make their car go faster. Dress-up parts are available for students to customize the appearance of their vehicles. Fundamentals of responsibility, sportsmanship and problem-solving are reinforced through variety of race-day activities.
In each class, our instructors emphasize the importance of budgeting and problem-solving. Students earn points each week through a series of races. The cars themselves have unlimited modification potential. Students get to take home their creations to show Mom and Dad!
Students will be amazed when they…
• Select and build their very own mini car the 1st day of class.
• Race against new friends and discover problems with their vehicles.
• Modify their car with new wheels, gearing and lighter components.
• Showoff the aesthetics of their builds with stickers, custom paint and tuning parts.
• Earn points each week for themselves and their team.
Race Adventures after-school programs…
• Are hands-on with a focus on science and engineering practice.
• Are aligned to STEM objectives.
• Meet national, state, and provincial extracurricular activities standards.
• Are led by trained, qualified, and dynamic instructors.
• Use proven equipment and safe materials.
• Are loved by children and ideal for students grades 1st grade and up.
Join Our Racing Adventure!
We hope to ignite the creative mind in every student. Race Adventures was conceived and created by passionate automotive enthusiasts. Our after-school program caters to students who like using their hands, and we aim to make mini 4WD racing an accesible activity for all!